Casa Stiano is located in the village of Stiano in the Emilia Romagna region (the province of Reggio Emilia), near the border with Tuscany. It is situated on a ridge in the foothills of the Apennines. Stiano is part of the municipality of Toano and dates from 1315.
• From The Netherlands (calculated from the town of Groningen), the distance to Stiano through Switzerland (the Gotthard tunnel) is 1342 kilometers (about 840 miles).
• From The Netherlands (calculated from the town of Groningen), the distance to Stiano through Austria (the Fern Pass and the Brenner Pass) is 1388 kilometers (about 870 miles).
Both in Switzerland and Austria your vehicle must be equipped with a Autobahnvignet. On the left you can click for more information.
If you want to carry a bike rack on the back of your car, in Italy the carrier must be equipped
with a 'long load board'. This is a red and white striped board measuring 50 x 50 cm. This board
is available in most car accessory stores (see picture).
With Ryanair you can travel rather inexpensive to Italy:
• To Bologna; the distance from Bologna to Stiano is 102 kilometers (about 65 miles).
• To Bergamo; the distance from Bergamo to Stiano is 244 kilometers (about 155 miles).
• To Pisa; the distance from Pisa to Stiano is 170 kilometers (about 110 miles).
On the website of Ryanair you can (easily and fairly inexpensive) rent a car from Hertz. At the left you will find a link to the site of Ryanair.